Soaring: Fantastic Flight is the Tokyo DisneySea version of the Soarin' attraction found at various parks around the world, located in the Mediterranean Harbor area. It is the fourth Soarin' attraction to open at the Disney Parks, following other versions at Disney's California Adventure, Epcot, and Shanghai Disneyland.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Soaring is set at the Museum of Fantastic Flight in Porto Paradiso, which is presenting a retrospective on the life of Camellia Falco, an aviation pioneer and first female member of the Society of Explorers and Adventurers from the early 1800s that developed the Dream Flyer, a glider inspired by the flying machines imagined by Leonardo da Vinci.
The spirit of Falco appears to guide guests to the Dream Flyer and takes them on an imaginative flight of fantasy all around the world, utilizing a modified version of the existing Soarin' Around the World film.
Attraction Experience[edit | edit source]
Queue/Pre-Show[edit | edit source]
The queue circles around the Museum of Fantastic Flight, before going into the main hall. There are paintings on the wall of the museum and S.E.A. emblems next to the information desk. The path goes into a rotunda, with paintings of different forms of human flight along the top of the wall. Various artifacts from all over the world are displayed here, as well, along with a large obelisk with the Society's motto.
Guests are ushered into the pre-show room, with paintings and artifacts about the life of Camellia Falco, as a large portrait of her sits against the wall. When the doors close, the shadow of Camellia's falcon Aletta flies across the room, bringing her portrait to life. She introduces them to her Dream Flyer and to everything they'll experience when flying around the world. The path leads into a waiting room, before they go into the boarding room.
The Attraction[edit | edit source]
Once guests board the Dream Flyer, they take off, flying above the clouds. Aletta flies in front of them, before they pass through to the ride's scenes. During their flights, they visit the following locations:
- The Matterhorn in Switzerland
- Isjford, Greenland, overlooking the glaciers and ice caps and animals like polar bears and orcas.
- Port Jackson in Sydney, Australia, overlooking the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge
- Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany
- Kilimanjaro National Park in Tanzania, overlooking a herd of elephants
- The Great Wall of China
- The Great Pyramids in Cairo, Egypt
- The Taj Mahal in Agar, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Monument Valley in Utah, United States, with hot air balloons flying around the West and East Mitten Buttes
- Lau Islands of Fiji, with a group of kayaks in the sea
- Iguaza Falls in Argentina and Brazil
- Tokyo, Japan, flying near the Tokyo Skytree
- Tokyo DisneySea, where Aletta flies over as fireworks can be seen over Mount Prometheus
Guests disembark, exiting through the museum's gift shop.
Connections[edit | edit source]
Jason Chandler's name can be seen on Camellia Falco's certificate of induction to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers in 1851. He is identified as the society's secretary, yet to assume the position of president, which at the time was held by Vitale Robustelli.
A young Lord Henry Mystic has a small cameo in a portrait in the attraction's queue. He can be seen in the crowd at Camellia Falco's acceptance into the Society.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The scene of Tokyo is exclusive to this version of the attraction. Soaring Over the Horizon and Soarin' Around the World include a scene of Paris in its place, flying towards the Eiffel Tower.
- The scene at Tokyo DisneySea is also exclusive to this version. Other versions fly over the theme parks the attraction is located at, such as Disneyland and Epcot.
- Aletta at the end of the attraction replaces Tinker Bell.